It's official: The Two Guys from Andromeda are back

Hi, guys. I have a dirty secret.

For the past couple of weeks, I have been in contact with Scott Murphy. He e-mailed me because of the rumor that Replay Games had announced that he was on board for their recapturing of the Space Quest license. The rumor, as it turned out, is false.

What is true, however, and what I have been sitting on my hands trying hard not to let loose, is that Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe are no longer estranged Andromedans, living separate lives in separate parts of that there American country, resting on the laurels of their former glory.

Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe are officially again The Two Guys from Andromeda.

Don't believe me? Check out http://www.guysfromandromeda.com.

I don't know how to react anymore. This is crazy, crazy "we've been waiting over 20 years for this" news. Tim Schafer, Al Lowe, Jane Jenson... now the Two Guys. Do Roberta and the Coles want to jump in any time soon?

Also, why hasn't SQ.net been updated since 2006? And why is the Virtual Broomcloset still closed?

Yeap. Forums lend themselves to a conversational organization (which can be easily linked to and found later) which, IMO, Facebook and Twitter both don't handle well.

The JT works fine for us talking *about* it, but I suppose it's not all-inclusive of all SQ fans/those interested in their new project (though probably close) whereas official forums would probably allow fans to discuss the project more directly.

Obviously probably a bit early to be thinking about stuff like this. I'm just geeking out...slightly.

Just don't make Roger with boobs this time. :)

Or make them bigger. It's all or nothing.

Applied. Those man-boobs are going to be enormous. Just you wait and see.

I myself wonder if they'll open their own forums. Their website certainly seems to be set up enough for it.

I'm so psyched for this! I will give them whatever money the ask for! SQ was my favourite game series ever. Still is! I almost want to apply for the sound designer position, but the requirements page seems to be blank or missing.

I'm half considering opening a Guys From Andromeda specific subforum sometime in the future on the Janitorial Times. I think it's important enough to make a separate section given that these are the two minds that gave us Space Quest to begin with. What does everyone think of that? Of course, it's too early at this point. But we finally have something new to talk about again which is the main thing!

I'm so psyched for this! I will give them whatever money the ask for! SQ was my favourite game series ever. Still is! I almost want to apply for the sound designer position, but the requirements page seems to be blank or missing.

I'm applying because Chris urged me to - I reckon it's worth a shot, even though I'm not professional by any means. I probably won't get it, but at least I can use my work on VSB and SQInc for something here :)