I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more... updates?

Happy Cock Head

Gotta agree with tomimt, make this a good one, guys! Here are a few suggestions on how to put some of those worries at ease:

- DO go crazy and surprise the fans with some weird shit. Fuck meme regurgitations and the Two Guys doing teh funnie elf dance! Leave that shit to Anthony Burch! Time to bring out the quality stuff! I‘m talking „Fuck Dead Body“-promo poster levels of dementedness.

Well, guess what they just put on facebook...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

UUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK, etc, etc (MI: Alright, obviously we're ok with a little potty mouth here but it doesn't need to be this excessive)

I mean, they gotta be trollin' at this point!

No way can they be that incapable by accident!

tl;dr: FUCK!

Click me!

(Trigger warning: Paul Trowe)

(MI: Alright, obviously we're ok with a little potty mouth here but it doesn't need to be this excessive)

No probs! Come to think of it, your addendum makes it look like I put a lot more effort into my swearing than I actually did. It will also greatly decrease the chances of my fellow posters developing carpal tunnel syndrome from excessive mousewheel scrolling.

But could I please have the size 36 font on "FUUUUUUUUUUUU..." back? :P

No probs! Come to think of it, your addendum makes it look like I put a lot more effort into my swearing than I actually did. It will also greatly decrease the chances of my fellow posters developing carpal tunnel syndrome from excessive mousewheel scrolling.

But could I please have the size 36 font on "FUUUUUUUUUUUU..." back? :P

No. :P B)

The "discussion" over on Kickstarter is soaked in stupid hyperbole. Unbelievable. And, I'm sorry, Fronzel, but Gareth has a fine point about just that.

Tongue in cheek or not, I'm sick of gamers being whiny, drama-loving little bitches. Even seems to go for many of the oldschool ones. What's next? #AndromedaGate? Grow up.

I have not lost any faith in the project, but I have lost a lot of faith in a substantial number of backers. Thankfully, none of those guys seem to be active here.

I'm sick of gamers being whiny, drama-loving little bitches.

Considering they coughed up half a million out of pure blind faith to give two has-beens another shot at reclaiming their former glory and - so far - getting nothing in return, yeah, being whiny, drama-loving little bitches is kinda justified.

Yeah, I'm probably going to stay away from there for the time being. Trying to help didn't seem to get me anywhere.

Which sucks, because you're the only person associated with this project with any sort of PR skillz. The problem is that you still post under your real name on Kickstarter, so everyone brushes you off as yet another deluded fanboi. Just ask Chris to finally hand you the keys to the Two Guys account already and things will look a lot different.

You know, come to think of it, something cool that you could do would be to write a first-hand account on what it's like to play the early SV builds you've had access to. Accompany that with some pretty screenshots and you've got yourself an update that even the most ardent of naysayers will be salivating over!

Considering they coughed up half a million out of pure blind faith to give two has-beens another shot at reclaiming their former glory and - so far - getting nothing in return, yeah, being whiny, drama-loving little bitches is kinda justified.

No, it's not. You can justifiably be a whiny little bitch towards yourself for not having read the terms of service, but the Guys of Andromeda haven't done anything they're not entitled to do. Does it suck that the game is not out yet? Sure does. But the lack of security is part of the crowdfunding model. And the hyperbole is just douchy. "RIP Guys from Andromeda and SpaceVenture". "We will never, ever see this game". Either display a modicum of maturity or fuck off. The former can't be too difficult, seeing as I'm managing to do it. And no, I'm not on the dev team. Might as well let it be an open secret that I have $165 on the line. And, as I was studying at that point, that was a lot of money for me 2-3 years ago. So my point stands: grow up.

Which sucks, because you're the only person associated with this project with any sort of PR skillz. The problem is that you still post under your real name on Kickstarter, so everyone brushes you off as yet another deluded fanboi. Just ask Chris to finally hand you the keys to the Two Guys account already and things will look a lot different.

Get off Chris' back, man. It's not the guy's fault he has had to pick up the reins as far as the game development goes. He's been very active on Twitter regarding this whole shitstorm, and he also posted a comment on the Kickstarter page.

Also, as he pointed out on Twitter, he has been on Scott and Mark's back about releasing exclusive material more than anyone and there has been a number of cases where either Guy has been willing to budge. Most people in the KS comments seem oblivious to that. It seems like people are viewing Chris Pope as this project's own Paul Trowe when, in reality, he doesn't have that big a say against the Guys. Obviously, there's a fine line when posting a nugget of info like that; you can do it in a conversation on social media, but you can't do it as part of the PR gig. It'll look like a crappy apology. But it's now there for all to see.

Appointing Troels, as much as I obviously love the guy, would change nothing. As a matter of fact, it would likely make things worse, seeing as he's probably even less likely to start butting heads with his idols whenever they refuse to let us fans see some actual stuff from the game.

You know, come to think of it, something cool that you could do would be to write a first-hand account on what it's like to play the early SV builds you've had access to. Accompany that with some pretty screenshots and you've got yourself an update that even the most ardent of naysayers will be salivating over!

I don't think Troels is at liberty to do that, even though I agree that this a good idea. In general, I'd love to see some team diaries, which is kinda what you're describing here. But, to paraphrase Chris, he literally cannot get the team to do it. And as for the screenshots, we're now running into the problem above.

He's been very active on Twitter regarding this whole shitstorm [...] Most people in the KS comments seem oblivious to that.

That's probably because they are. It's safe to say that 99.99999999999(...)% of backers don't pay any attention to his (or the Two Guys') social media - least of all Twitter, which is the downfall of humanity, 140 characters or less at a time. But at least now I know where to look for some inside info.

There are definitely cons about using social media to stay informed. The biggest one obviously been that backers tend to look to the Kickstarter comments page for news. I personally think that page is a very inflexible medium, though. It's great for getting your daily scroll wheel workout, but that's about it. If it was possible to create isolated threads, that'd be an improvement. Even a search function would help. Whether you like Twitter or not is obviously a matter of taste. I've come to prefer it to Facebook, though.

Seeing as you're interested, Chris took part in this Twitter conversation. May not go all the way back, but you can obviously tell what kind of conversation made Jess join in. And while I don't believe giving the guy flak will do anything, you'll want to note that I did try to give Chris some constructive advice here. And it looks like the most recent comment of his on the KS comments page might've helped a lot.

Also, I probably wouldn't really take a dump in a boxed edition of SpaceVenture. The P&P rates are insane, and there's a high probability that I'd miss.

Personally I don't like Twitter. I find the converstions to be much harder to follow than even in KS page, which is shitty as well.  And I really don't follow Facebook that much either these days. I only check what my fiends and family members are up to, but anything else, I just don't can't muster that much interest anymore in FB.

Troels' new job:
Spend hours trying to placate 3-4 unwaveringly pessimistic morons on a comments section no one else checks.

I'd love to, but it's not up to me. Or Chris, for that matter. And I certainly respect the Guys' insistence on keeping surprises intact.

That said, I hope I can be a part of some more substantial updates in 2015 as the project gets closer to completion.

It's almost 2 in the morning here and I was sound asleep when I felt a disturbance in the force, like 10000 SQ fans crying out in orgasmic joy at the same time.

I was too tired to read it all.

I skimmed over it up to the part where it said that Josh Mandel has joined up as a cameo writer.

Now I'm going to fap myself to sleep.

I'm sorry I ever doubted you!

$300 well invested!

I'm not worthy!

I'm not worthy!

Anybody got some tissues?

This update was amazing - there's so much in it that it's hard to even comment on because

where do you start... I will say the best parts in particular for me were the videos where we

got to see a few of the game locations in action.

My favorite parts were:

--Garage and Home Scene Elevator Test
This really gave a good sense of the "fullness" of the locations and the detail and hopefully puts to rest
some fears people might have from the demo scenes that there isn't going to be enough sort of organic-ness
to the locations, as these had a really nice feel and seemed really fleshed out and reminiscent of the best
Space Quest locations. The Mule delivering stuff in the garage was also cool because it had some unique interaction
with the scene (besides characters walking about) and felt fully developed.

--Rooter Repair scene
I really liked the close-up scene in the demo of the area with the magazine and drill bits, etc. and this was along
those lines too, I think these types of scenes are particularly well done from what we've seen so far.

--Inside crane and crane area
Even though parts of this were in incomplete stages, it was cool to see characters walking about in it and how far along
the inside of the crane scene is too.

--Taco Nova

Excellent stuff, I immediately wanted to see the inside of Taco Nova as well!

• 3 weeks later...